Where to start
First you need to think about primary and secondary prevention of ill health, get health screenings such as blood pressure and blood work, also skin fold tests and start exercising consistently.
The result of the price to pay for good health is a healthy life. There are many actions that one can choose and try to achieve optimal health.
Here are some points that can help you in your quest for optimal health. You just need to visualize how you will be in the future and start implementing a new routine.
10 points to ensure optimal health
1. Avoid drug use and exposure to environmental toxins: including alcohol, nicotine, caffeine and other recreational drugs. Over-the-counter drugs and prescriptions, and environmental toxins, including radiation, pesticides, herbicides, volatile organic compounds, heavy metals, etc.
2. Adopting a healthy diet: eating carbohydrates that are low in the Glycemic Index Avoid the use of highly refined foods, such as added oil, salt, sugar and refined flour products. Eat protein from meat, fish, poultry, and eggs.
3. Exercise: regular aerobic 30 minutes 5 days a week. Flexibility exercise (yoga) and light weight lifting (resistance)
4. Ensure plenty of high-quality sleep: sleep at least 7-9 hours.
5. Get adequate exposure to sunlight and fresh air: minimum 20-40 minutes daily.
6. Have relationships with family and friends: they help you with social support.
7. Avoid illness: These diseases include cancer (including breast, colon, prostate and lung cancer), heart disease (including heart attack and stroke), diabetes and autoimmune disorders.
8. Health education: Look for books or courses on health.
9. Good hygiene practices: help protect us from parasites, toxins, bacteria and disease.
10. Have health tests: have your blood tested once a year and understand what the numbers say. Skin exams and oral exams.
Optimal health begins with educating yourself on how to eat healthier, start exercising, and avoid family problems. Your goal is to reach old age without debilitating illnesses and to have the ability to take care of yourself.
Once you understand and want to begin to have better health, you need to understand how blood sugar accelerates the aging process. By understanding this, you will decide what to eat and what not to eat.